Monday, June 29, 2015

DMC: "Treetop Dream" by LeeAnn Blankenship





TREETOP DREAM

I wish I’d somehow soon acquire
The tree house of my heart’s desire:
A sturdy, wooden home replete
With fellow poets on retreat.

We’d leave distractions down below,
Escaping to our high chateau
Where each could have his private nooks
For writing verses, songs, or books.


© 2015 LeeAnn Blankenship. All rights reserved.


Corey Rosen Schwartz has challenged us to write a stanza or two about building a treehouse, using unpredictable rhymes of more than one syllable. Click HERE for all the details.

There are only two more days to join in the fun! Send your stanzas to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. Visit our wrap-up celebration to read all of this month's contributions. One lucky participant will win a personalized copy of Corey's delightful new picture book:





10 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! Sign me up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Add my name to the reservations list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Me too! A perfect little treehouse ditty, LeeAnn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect one for this challenge and the end of the month. I want to be there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to spend time here! The place and the company sound perfect.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to join you, LeeAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd climb up to that treehouse. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really sweet. I would like that treehouse.

    ReplyDelete