Tuesday, November 10, 2015

DMC: "Divide it up" by Jan Godown Annino




Divide it up


One for me
                         one for you
One for me
                         two for you
One for me
                         three for you
One for me
                         four for you
 


                         You have ten
I have four
                         You got much more
That is wrong
 

 
Yes, that is wrong
 

I have much more


My heart is full
 

My arms are wide
 

My feet are dancing
 

Giving more grows a smile from inside


© 2015 Jan Godown Annino. All rights reserved.



Rebecca M. Davis has challenged us to write poems about acts of kindness this month– the more specific and vivid the better.  Click HERE for more details.

Send your poem to TodaysLittleDitty (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the contact form in the sidebar to the right. All contributions will be included in a wrap-up celebration on Friday, November 27th, and one lucky participant will win copies of two delightful picture books published by Boyds Mills Press: THIS ORQ. (HE CAVE BOY.) and THIS ORQ. (HE SAY "UGH!") by David Elliott, illustrated by Lori Nichols.





8 comments:

  1. Generosity is a wonderful thing, Jan. Nicely showed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are among the very generous, Linda.

    Some will recognize that the inspiration flowed from this kindness of Rebecca M. Davis, + Michelle H. Barnes + all the days of joy in Today's Little Ditty &
    the Poetry Friday posse + associated mentors/pals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The TLD joy wouldn't be nearly as bountiful without writers like you joining in and making this blog what it is, Jan! My feet are dancing as I write this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This morning I was talking about how giving away love makes you feel joy. The joy in this poem builds. It's so kid-friendly, too. I think kids will start to see the unfair and go "Aha" at the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweet poem with a nice lesson. Thanks for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the repeated verses in this poem how the flow back and forth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appreciations, with ten to you for Margaret, Rosi , Jessica & TLD-maven Michelle.

    ReplyDelete